Why Ask Why?

Posted by Jenn On 1:39 PM
Most ineffective and useless questions that we ask start with "Why".

WHY DID I/HE/SHE/THEY/WE....

 - Why did I do that? 
       Figuring this out rarely changes what happened. As far as I know, time machines have not yet been invented. You can't go back and change anything, so the only logical thing to do? Move forward.


WHY HAVEN'T/HASN'T I/HE/SHE/THEY/WE...
- Why hasn't he/she called me back?
       Millions of angst-ridden people around the world can vouch for this simple fact: No matter how many days you spend obsessing over this, it will not make your phone magically ring.
       You can do one of two things:
  1. Take the initiative and call that person again, or
  2. Hey, what was that one movie called.. the one with Scarlett Johansson and Justin Long? Oh yes.. HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU.
WHY IS...
- Why is this damn flight so expensive??
           Shit. Even if I knew, would it save me any money? No. Would it make me feel any better about spending that much? Highly doubtful.

The point is, asking ourselves why something did or didn't happen doesn't create the result we were hoping for. So quit asking why this, why that, why is the sky blue, why did the chicken cross the road, etc. and

0 Responses to 'Why Ask Why?'

About Me

My photo
l i v e
l o v e
c r e a t e

Subscribe:

Custom Search